Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Concept of Blogging

blog
Main Entry:
blog
Pronunciation: \ˈblȯg, ˈbläg\
Function: noun
Etymology: short for Weblog
Date: 1999

: a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site
blog·ger noun
blog·ging noun

The concept of a blog is really quite interesting. Anyone can do it. There really isn't anything special about it. It can be something no one will ever look at or it could be something that millions chose to read or even something random people stumble upon through the crazy rabbit hole knows as the web.

For me...blogging is...well I don't really know. It's just something I want to do to get my thoughts out. Thoughts that I'm thinking and want to voice and things that have happened in my life. It's a place to reflect and journal just as the Webster Dictonary defines it.

I am no writer. I come from a family of writers. It's a love that I never shared, but looky here...I am attempting this fine art that will probably come across as a stick figure drawing oppose to a Rembrandt. Regardless...here I am.

2 comments:

Marietta Marvels said...

I'm gonna blog-stalk you now, emmy-lou!
miss you tons! so glad we can chat this way. xoxo, Allison

Paula said...

Ok, so I just saw this...you always have something to share...need to start blogging again!! =)